The Fintech Challenge gives you the opportunity to work with one of the largest financial groups in Africa. Through this collaboration:
- you will be able to improve your solution at a low cost (all experimentation costs will be covered) and with the support of internal expertise from the Banque Centrale Populaire Group (GBCP).
- More importantly, you will get access to new African markets, GBCP operating in 14 African countries, with a low risk factor.
Furthermore, if your solution is currently used in an industry other than the financial sector (e.g. retail) but can be adapted to one of the challenges, the Fintech Challenge will allow you to access a whole new industry.
Call for Applications: Following your submission online, we will evaluate all applications and select up startups that best meet our selection criteria.
Bootcamp: These startups will then be invited to participate in a 3 days Bootcamp: startups will participate in the Casablanca Bootcamp : from February 14th to February 17th. Your participation in Casablanca will be based on the alignment of the solution with the different market needs.
During the Bootcamp, the Startups will work closely with our experts to make sure the solution meets our needs and to develop an experimentation action plan to implement the solution within the group.
Demo Day: A Demo Day will be organized during the last day of the Bootcamp, during which we will select the winning startups. These startups will be able to participate in the acceleration program and implement their solution within the group.
You can fill in your application form over multiple shots. Your answers will be saved automatically and you can sign back in using the link sent on your mailbox to edit and/or complete your answers at your convenience. Remember to submit your application once done.
The solution you will propose may answer multiple challenges. In this case, you only need to fill in one application form.
However, if you have developed more than one solution that answers different challenges, you will need to fill in one application form per solution (with a maximum of 2 application forms submitted).
The deadline to submit your application is December 23rd, 2018. You will receive an answer within the first week of January 2019.
The expenses of the startups selected and invited to participate in the Bootcamp will be covered by the Banque Centrale Populaire Group, namely the plane ticket and accommodation during the Bootcamp and Demo Day.
The startups that will be selected based on their application form will participate in a Bootcamp in Casablanca. These startups will be supported and trained to refine their value proposition and will get to work with our business and innovation experts to improve their problem-solution fit.
The winning startups after the Demo Day will be trained and supported by experts from our partner Impact Lab and will have the opportunity to experiment their solution within the Banque Centrale Populaire Group (GBCP) during 3 months.
Finally, if the experimented solution proves its potential, a partnership can be formalized between GBCP and the startup in order to implement and deploy the solution.
- For the selected startups: 3 days for the Bootcamp and Demo Day : Casablanca from February 14th to February 17th.
- Following the Demo Day, the winning startups will stay 2 more days for workshops in order to prepare the experimentation period.
- During the 3 months following the Bootcamp (i.e. experimentation period) (between March 2019 and May 2019): The trips will be planned based on the action plans established during the workshops